Here’s what one USD can buy you in food all around the globe
Let us have a look at how generous different countries are when it comes to buying food at $1 only!
- A full-fledged bottle of wine at Hungary
Hail Hungary! One fine bottle of savoured wine is what they can give you with all their love poured in it at 1 USD.
- One kind slice of plain bread at Hong Kong
What a mercy Hong Kong! Thank god currency varies amongst nations!
- 10 delicious pancakes at any supermarket in Netherlands
And makes up for more than just the breakfast meal! Well, brunch might sound more applicable.
- One full packet of instant hot and sour ramen noodles at Norway.
Back at Norway you won’t exactly stay hungry if all you got in your wallet is 1 dollar. J
- Six generous cups of chai at India
Because, they believe in “Atithi devo bhavah” i.e., guests are incarnations of the Almighty.
- 10 medium-sized vegetable dumplings from any roadside food stall at Shanghai
Now that dumplings form one of their mainstream foods, you will never have a complaint about the taste!
- A McDonald’s variously flavoured slushie at Australia
That is indeed enough to freeze your buds and satisfy your carbohydrate crunch!
- One can of preserved tuna fish at the country of Pharaohs, none other than Egypt
A can of shredded tuna! Well that is all the country can give. It of course pays to be royal!
- An espresso coffee or cappuccino at Italy
A cup of hot beverage is all they can give you for a dollar.
- A packet of chips and a can of fizzy drink at Nigeria
Well, that is fine for some midday snacks!
- One and a half bottles of beer at Czech Republic
Beer lovers! It’s indeed jackpot for you!
- A dozen of eggs at Malaysia
That is definitely going to take you through a good 2-3 days if you go penniless.
- Two standard McDonald’s cheeseburgers at South Africa
- Two cans of Cheez Whiz at Philippines
This cheese spread cans can last you months at just 1 dollar.
- One baguette bread at France
The French don’t seem that generous when it comes down to food.
- Three of those empanadas at Colombia
Three of those sweet stuffed baked pastries are what Colombians can get you.
- An ethnic bowl of Vietnamese pho at Vietnam
This beef based soup usually served with rice or noodles is one of Vietnam’s originals.
- 11 bananas at Honduras
The remarkable Minion imprint on the logo for their classic expression.
- 67 pieces of kids’ bubble gum at Indonesia
That will be enough gum for the kids.
- A large cup of coffee at Croatia
A dollar for a cup of Coffee.
- One shot at a bar in Poland
If you intend not to invest much on liquor!
- The classic middle eastern falafel or shawarma pita at Cairo
You can enjoy this Middle Eastern delicacy at just 1 dollar while at Cairo.
- Six beautiful apples at Holland
- A whole pack of hot dogs at Finland
- One litre of bagged milk at Uruguay
Healthier than Holland and Honduras!
- Lastly, a huge can of Arizona iced tea at the United States itself
Not bad, USA!