These telltale stories about the benefits vegetables do to the human body are no new stuff on the edge. Nevertheless, voluntarily churning on these innate nutrient stores can be harder than always said.
According to the US Dietary Association, an average human should consume around two and a half to 3 cups of vegetables per day with some versatility to be added through a week span. One should include the classic green leafy variety to the other colourful ones as well as the starchy variety and last but not the least, beans, peas and sprouts. You could of course personalize your own schedule according to preferences keeping the recommended dietary allowance in mind.
So, here are a few healthy but way too delicious tricks to involve more of the essential vegetable matter in your food without having yourself forced to eat it voluntarily.
- You could cleverly Camouflage the buffalo cauliflower for buffalo chicken.
Hide these spicy buffalo cauliflower in the ultimate favourite Mexican delight, of course, chicken tacos and you will forget how cauliflower ever tasted alone. It is sure to indulge you in the tinge of the flavour so much that indeed, you will forget you were eating vegetables.
- Ever had an idea of some seaweed in your popcorn as an alternative of salt?
Seaweeds will give you the necessary saltiness and also, it’ll all seem a fancy affair. Bake some freshly fried seaweed tendrils with the popcorn to get that taste!
- They would never know that you tossed a cup of spinach into a smoothie unless it looks green.
You will now say, blender works wonder! When the “greenness gets perfectly hidden, who would ever dare not drink this beautiful banana peanut butter coffee smoothie! More than the perfect way to trick yourself or even other people you need to get onto vegetables, right now!
- Irrespective of what’s above, pizza will always be a favourite.
Broccoli, bell peppers of all colours, onions, beetroots, carrots and what not. Everything becomes fancier with the fantastic Italy invented cheese and baked bread combination.
- Butternut pumpkins can be your secret to creamier and cheesy pasta.
More vegetables?? Why not pumpkins, that can blend in well! Pumpkins have been used since ages to make gravies thicker and why not pastas now? Make your cheesy white sauce pasta extra creamy n thick using butternut flesh.
- Fond of chips? Replace that packet of oil and carbs with zucchini chips.
Freaking fan of chips?? High time you shift from the mainstream potato chips! Here is yet another variety of squash of the family Cucurbita you would like to have a portion of. Every time you crave for chips to add to the lunch, make sure you use zucchini and not potatoes.
- Usea spaghetti squash, which is not actually spaghetti, to make some delicious buffalo chicken dip.
What you see in the picture is definitely not Spaghetti, is it? It is yet another one of that variety of squashes like zucchini and butternut. They make an excellent vessel to cook some amazing buffalo chicken dip.
- Bluff your “eggy” way into eating these delicious veggies.
Make yourself this easy brunch by baking spinach, potatoes, black beans, onions and red peppers, and the best thing, top it with poached eggs and steamed avocado. This makes an innovative dish with a healthier than ever veggies bed. No wonder, eggs make everything tastier!
- Busy hating artichoke? Stuff it for a change as a side dish.
You might have hated this giant flower head all your life, but we bet stuffing and baking it would bring a way more tastier change in it rather than using it direct in any dish.
- Make these yummy sweet potato noodles in red sauce instead of pasta.
Sweet potato noodles taste almost like fries, so basically it would be more like eating tiny fries covered in sauce. A wonderful substitute to pasta, indeed.
- In case you want a lighter substitute, use zucchini noodles with Alfredo sauce.
Replace sweet potato noodles with zucchini noodles for an even lighter meal. Also, you won’t miss on the essential carbs.
- Bake your eggs in these crunchy edible pepper bowls.
Eggs in wonderful pepper vessels! Get these delicious baked peppers filled with eggs and topped with cheese ready within minutes without much fuss.
- Make yourself a way healthier and fresh veggie cream cheese.
There is always a scope for home made stuff to be fresher, healthier, gluten free and crunchier. Hence, a home-made veggie cream cheese is always better than the market bought stuff.
- Hide some artichoke hearts and spinach leaves in your awesome macaroni and cheese.
Just add the spinach and artichoke dip to your mainstream macaroni with cheese and bake it to find the greens nowhere. Cheese does the wonder after baking and covers everything into absolute seclusion so that the one chomping into your delicious pasta would never discover your sweet recipe.
- Spice up that chicken breast with some crunchy pepper and onion stuffing.
Stuff the dressed chicken breast with finely cut onion and bell peppers perfectly mixed with some cheese and mayonnaise to get this combination of chicken and vegetables. Spicy, crunchy yet healthy!
- Make yourself a delicious salad by adding bacon to dressed Brussels sprouts.
Of course there is no second opinion to the fact that adding bacon to any salad makes it instantly more delicious! At least you will not have to force yourself on having that green salad absolute solo.
- Use these cute zucchini boats to make some tempting lasagne.
Need an experiment? Use these adorable zucchini cut outs to bake some awesome lasagne because charming surprises come in small packets!
- Use thinner zucchini sheets to make a noodle-less lasagne.
Cheese is definitely that one thing which can account for the absence of noodles in lasagne. Zucchini sheets instead of those pasta sheets are definitely what will get you going for more vegetables.
- Broccoli slaw is always a better idea than trying to eat boiled or smoked broccoli solo.
Use the slaw with your usual salad for some extra crunch. Or you could simply dress it with apple cider vinegar, some black pepper powder and Greek yogurt as a side dish.
- Make a burger patty out of a bunch of wholesome veggies.
You can use Onions, black beans, garlics, carrots and any other vegetable as per your convenience. Mince them all into tiniest bits and make this healthy burger patty topped with avocado. Loads better an idea than any of those fried potato, cheese or other patties.
- Fond of fries? Replace sweet potato fries for potato fries.
Make yourself this bunch of healthy sweet potato fries instead of those potatoes. The most important, do not fry them in oil, instead, bake them!
- Use sweet potatoes and broccoli for some healthy tater tots.
Trick those naughty children into eating their greens with these healthy tots. Sweet potatoes and broccoli is a perfect combination for the tater tots.
- Use lettuce to make those seemingly green wraps.
You are anyway ought to be more concerned about what’s on the stuffing inside, so replacing the actual wrap for a lettuce wrap is anyways worth it.
- Make yourself some fresh Chinese green beans.
Make these healthy beans at home when you are craving for some good Chinese lengths instead of going out and chomping some load of MSGs.
- Opt more often for the carrot cake.
Cake is a good excuse to save yourself from the odd solo taste of carrots, if it frightens you that way. So pledge to eat this carrot cake when you sweet tooth falls weak the next time.